40 uses for Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- Add 1 or 2 drops to drinking water to keep the body alkaline – drink throughout the day.
- Add 1-2 drops to a small glass of water upon rising, to kick-start digestion
- Add 1 to 2 drops to drinking water to strengthens white blood cells – thereby supporting and strengthening the immune system.
- Great for varicose veins – apply 4-6 drops neat to improve circulation – apply gently – keep out of sun.
- Stops bleeding gums – gargle or apply 1 drop neat- daily.
- Can be used as a toner for greasy skin.
- Add a couple of drops to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener – safe for animals.
- Diffuse a couple of drops in a ‘cold’ diffuser – uplifting and energising.
- Use as a gargle for oral hygiene – 1 drop in an eggcup of water.
- Add 1 drop to your toothbrush, before toothpaste – for oral health
- Add 1 drop to a dishcloth and wipe over surfaces to kill 99% of household germs and for a great smell.
- Add to cous cous or rice – to taste
- Add to salad dressing – to taste
- Add to chicken to make lemon chicken – to taste
- Add to the inside of a chicken to kill any bacteria that may be lurking there – 6-8 drops
- Add 3 or 4 drops to a tablespoon of honey and a little hot water to alleviate colds and flu.
- Relieve Heartburn/acid reflux – add 1 or 2 drops to a small glass of water.
- Heal a Cold Sore – apply 1 or 2 drops to the sore neat
- Insect repellent – apply 1 or 2 drops mixed in a carrier oil and applied to the skin.
- Remove warts – apply 1 drop morning and evening until gone
- Hand Sanitizer – apply 1 or 2 drops directly into hands for protection.
- Athlete’s Foot – apply 1 or 2 drops neat directly until gone.
- Detox the liver – 1 or 2 drops in water helps an overburdened liver.
- Dishwasher – add 1 drop to your dishwasher for spotless dishes.
- Exfoliator: Add 2-3 drops to a facecloth and rub gently over the face/back
- Sooth or prevent corns, callous or bunions by rubbing 1-2 drops on them daily.
- Lemonade – add 2 drops of lemon oil and 2 tablespoons honey to 2 cups of bottled water
- To clean hard or wood floors, combine ¼ cup of white vinegar, 10 drops of lemon and add to full bucket of water.
- Carpet Freshener – mix 1—12 drops of lemon oil to 1 cup of baking soda and leave overnight to absorb. Sprinkle over carpet and leave for 1 hour before vacuuming.
- Put a drop on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction to help with healing.
- Combine 1-3 drops of lemon oil to 1 tablespoon of rock salt and rub into wooden butcher’s block or other cutting surface to disinfect.
- Substitute 8 drops of lemon to replace the ‘zest of lemon’ in recipes.
- Diffuse or inhale to help during moments of depression or low mood – cup hands over nose and mouth and avoid eyes.
- Drinking a glass of water every day with 1-2 drops of lemon acts as a ‘cleanse’ for kidneys and liver support.
- Regular consumption (in water) may help to control High Blood Pressure.
- Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, grease spots or crayon from most surfaces.
- Add a drop to hair conditioner to combat greasiness and for great smell.
- Ease constipation – cleanses out bacteria in the gut and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Improves blood circulation – helps expel mucus from the body naturally.
- Helps to have a clear mind – wakes up your neurons and helps you remember things longer!
Lemon Oil is photosensitive
avoid direct sunlight to areas where applied for between 24-48 hours.
Lemon oil has anti-septic properties. It has been shown in studies to be highly effective on immune system function. In a study done by Dr. Jean Valnet MD, diffusing lemon oil killed the meningococcus bacteria in 15 minutes, typhoid bacilli in one hour, Staphylococcus aureus in 2 hours and Pneumococcus bacteria within 3 hours. A 0.2% solution of lemon oil was able to kill the diphtheria bacteria within 20 minutes and inactivate turberculous bacteria.